Monday, January 7, 2019

Week 27 - Boulogne

Hello everyone, this week we had a great week!

Tuesday we did divisions with the Zone Leaders and we both went to their area, which is called José Leon Suarez, all the missionaries say that it is the ugliest area in the whole mission, and they are right. Very humble, to say the least. I was getting quite a lot of looks walking through there. This one dude came running and sprinting up to us, and I'm like "oh no, we are about to get robbed." But then he just asked me for a picture with him and all his buddies, so that was funny.

Wednesday we had two baptismal interviews to do, so Elder Haycock stayed in our area with Elder Rodriguez, the District Leader and I went with Elder Willie to Villa Adelina, his area. Elder Willie started the mission like 3 weeks ago, and had no idea what we were doing all day. So we walked and contacted a lot, but it was actually really fun, because a funny guy. In the morning we got three calls on their phone from a private number, and each time we answered, all we heard was breathing and no one ever said anything, so we just forgot about it and moved on. Later that day we went to less-active member's house, and he was like, "hey I called you guys three times today", and we realized those were the calls we got.... Then he takes out his phone and holds it in front of us and dramatically goes to our contact and deletes it, and he's like "well there you go, get off my property now!", what a grumpy old guy. Wednesday night we all slept in their apartment, and it was an oven, so I took my mattress and slept outside on their balcony and it was actually pretty nice.

Thursday we had interviews with President in the afternoon, and that took up a lot of time because President is always late!

Sunday, 5 minutes before church, the bishop comes up to me and says, "Hey I forgot to remind you that this less-active lady over there wants you to bless her baby today" and I was like what the heck, why me, and then I blessed the baby, when I got up there i realized I didn't even know how to it in English, let alone in Spanish, so I had the bishop help. The lady told me the baby's name, but I couldn't understand, even after the third time, so I just said it as best I could, so iIguess when that kid gets up to the Pearly White Gates she's gonna have some completely differently pronounced name but oh well, you win some you lose some i guess.

Monday morning, we get a call from Sister Smith the Mission President's Wife, and I'm like,  "Oh crap, what did we do wrong? We never get calls from her?" ...But she invited us to go play basketball with her 16-year-old son in his International High School that supposedly has a super-nice court, so I'll let you know how that goes next week!

Elder Christensen


Christmas Day 2018, Elder Christensen

View of the "Villa"

Elder Haycock and Elder Christensen with the Mangini family

On the streets, trying to get their cell phone to work

Knock-off watch he bought in the streets

No comments:

Post a Comment