Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 32 - Caballitos

What's up? This week went by super-fast even though it was an oven outside all week. My companion Elder Santos has been ruining my Spanish with his hybrid Portuguese/Spanish. We taught a lesson to a dude who speaks Portuguese, and I taught the lesson in Spanish and my comp in Portuguese. It's pretty surprising I understand like 80 percent of what my comp says in Portuguese so thats pretty cool. :)

Thursday we had a Zone Conference and the theme was "Urgency", how we basically need to baptize like a 10000 people in the next week, but no really, we just talked about how the two years is a very short time and we need to make the most of it. We had the Zone Conference with two other Zones and I got to see Elder Haycock and the other Elders from Boulogne. Turns out a guy Elder Telis and I contacted 5 months ago got baptized, and I didn't even know, so thats pretty cool. Getting home from Zone Conference was the worst because we had to carry a bunch stuff in a crowded bus, with 95 degree weather wearing suits, but I guess that's the mission. :)

In this ward and neighborhood, there are a ton of Venezuelan immigrants, and they have the coolest accent. Anyway, something funny that happened was that we contacted a 20ish year Venezuelan in the park, and we got to talking and I asked him if he was familiar with the Bible and he tells me "yeah sometimes if I run out of paper (to roll a joint) I will tear out a page of the bible" so I got a good laugh out of that.

We had to let an investigator go on Sunday night becasuse he wasn't progressing, but he loves when we come over, and loves learning about the church, but he just doesn't want to get baptized because  he already got baptized. It kind of crushed him when we said we wouldn't be coming over, but hopefully that will whip him into shape, and he'll get baptized eventually.

...As far as progressing investigators we are kind of starting from scratch this week so that will be fun. I don't why, but we are not finding as many people as normal. Oh well, this week we are gonna find a bunch of people!



No comments:

Post a Comment