Monday, August 12, 2019

Week 57 - Pacheco

On Tuesday we had a leadership meeting in the mission home and it went well.

That night we had ward council, and as we were leaving President Zuniga walks out of a meeting with the Stake President and he took us home to the pension.

On Wednesday we did divisions with Elder Hartmann and Elder Savage and I went to Lopez Camelo with Elder Savage and we had a good time and talked with a lot of people.  Elder Savage made a ton of pancakes on Thursday morning.

On Thursday we did divisions and I stayed in my area with Elder Herrera from Mexico and we had a lesson.  We had the Area 70 that is in our ward accompany us, and then take us home. The lesson was very spiritual and the family we were teaching was touched.

On Friday we did divisions again and I went to Don Torcuato with Elder Baez from Paraguay.  So it was raining a ton and we were looking for a contact that they had made in the villa named Juan. So we clap a house and a man comes out.  Elder Baez says something to him in Guarani and then the guy tells us to come in.  So in that moment, I thought this guy was Juan the guy that Elder Baez had taught before, and Elder Baez thought that too.  So the first weird part was I was talking to him and like the guy wasn't even responding to me and kept talking to Elder Baez in Guarani because he doesn't want to talk to me.  Then Elder Baez looks at me and says "Elder he's not ignoring you.  He just doesn't speak Spanish.  He only Speaks Guarani."  So I'm like ok fine and I felt like I was in my training again because I didn't understand anything.

...But then Elder Baez says to him "wait your not Juan? I thought you were Juan? What is your name? He says oh my name is Martin." So then Elder Baez and I look at each other and Elder Baez is like "so why the heck did you let us in? Do you even know who we are?" And Martin says " I thought you guys were police men." So in the end it turns out he was still interested and Elder Baez taught him the lesson and scheduled another lesson.  So it was like super weird but in the end it turned out well.

That Friday night I did a baptismal interview for a 10-year-old kid that had already been baptized a year before but had to get baptized again because the elders that had baptized her the year before did the baptismal forms wrong.  So it was an interesting interview because the girl was like "uh.....yeah I already know all this." So yeah it was interesting.

Saturday we were working away in the Villa and this kid comes up to us and says "Hey Elders? I'm a member from another ward but I live here." And we are like "hey take us to your family." So we find his family and there are a ton of non-members there so we gather together the whole family and have a big lesson.  So that was the Palma family that we found.  So on Sunday night we had a huge family home evening in a member's house and there was like 20 kids under the age of 12 there and it was crazy.

But anyways this was a good week and we have been working like crazy and have some good people progressing.  We just got to get even more work done!

Elders Christensen, Velasquez, Hartmann, Savage
Tanner and Elder Franca

?

Tanner and Elder Savage

Elder Savage cooked some steaks

Elder Velasquez and Tanner

Eating tacos, Elders Velasquez, Galvez and Spendlove

No comments:

Post a Comment