Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 8 - Boulogne

What's up everyone? Another great week this week.

On Tuesday we had a District Meeting, as usual, and that was good way out in Belgrano, which is like an hour and a half away. Man, I miss having a car, riding the bus is quite strange sometimes.

Wednesday and Thursday, we had to run a ton of errands, we had to go to San Fernando, to the Mission Office because I had to do a bunch of stuff for my visa which stinks. It's because they spelled my name wrong on the forms the first time. On Wednesday night we did divisions, so Elder Moss was my companion for Wednesday and Thursday morning. We didn't have much time, but we were on our way to teach a lesson to a family, when we were sitting waiting for the train. Anyway, this dude comes up to us and says that we are awesome and that he's been to church before, and wants his kids to be like us. He says he wants to get baptized, but then like gets up and walks to the train. I look at Elder Moss and I'm like, "So are we going to chase after this guy or not?". So, I stand up to start chasing after him, but Elder Moss grabs me and says, "No leave him, that guy is drunk as skunk", which made me laugh but I realized he was right, that guy could barely walk, how did I not notice that? Later when we were teaching the family, they made us pancakes with dulce de leche, which was heavenly. On Thursday, when we were at the Mission Office, Elder Crandall (no not THAT Elder Crandall) had to go to the Immigrations Office and get my visa stuff all worked out, since he's one of the Mission Secretaries. That was all good, nothing went out of order, and my visa is done.

On Saturday morning we decided to go try and find less actives in the Villa Hildalgo. Now the Villas are the poorer parts of town, and let's just say I stuck out a lot. When we were walking through the Villa, I kept thinking to myself, "Man, my Spanish sucks, why can't I understand what any of these people on the streets are saying?" I asked Elder Telis and he's like, "Elder Christensen, you idiot, everyone in the Villa is from Paraguay, they're all speaking Guarani" [native american language] which I guess made me feel better, ahahah.

Saturday night, we had the my first baptism for a young kid named Rodrigo, whose 13. It was awesome, the Spirit was strong, and he's just a really good kid. On Sunday, we had to go check out a referral in the nice part of our area, and it was like a 30-minute bus ride there. Boy, this is one nice area. People are just out here casually driving lamborghinis and stuff. Anyway our investigator wasn't there, so that gives us an excuse to go back, but on the way back, we couldn't figure out which bus to take back, so we had to walk three miles back to the chapel to get all of our stuff. That was so long. Anyway, this week has been awesome.

Elder Tanner Christensen

For family:

1. How are your feet doing? Are your shoes comfortable? Are you mostly wearing your shoes or boots?

I wear my boots everyday except for Sundays and they're awesome and comfortable

2. Are any of the missionaries from the MTC in your district?

Yes, Elder Johnson is in Suarez which neighbors us

3. Have you heard anything interesting from any of your friends?

Nothing really

4. Is Katie a dork? She is reading over my shoulder right now and bugging me.

5. Have you felt scared at all? Like unsafe?

I felt weird in the Villa, but not scared as mentioned above








No comments:

Post a Comment