Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 68 - Retiro

This week was very good!  We got all the details wrapped up and on Saturday of next week we are going to have the baptism of Ruth the Peruvian lady we are teaching.  We also are teaching another girl who is 20 years old who is gonna get baptized the 16th of November.

On Wednesday I went with Elder Salas to his area to do some baptismal interviews.  We did divisions with the Assistants on Friday and I went with Elder Smith, my friend from the MTC.  We got to drive around in the car all day which felt really weird.  On Sunday we had a lot of people in church and Ruth was going to have her baptismal interview in the 2nd hour with President Palmieri (a member of the mission presidency) and I was crapping my pants because she didn't arrive at 9:30.  So I was super nervous all during the sacrament because I didn't want President Palmieri to get mad at us.  Then finally I jumped out of my seat when Ruth showed up at 9:50.  It was awesome.

This weekend there were the Presidential elections in Argentina and everybody went crazy so we had quite a lot of interactions with drunk people.  They always come and talk to me and ignore Elder Rodriguez because I'm so tall and white.  One guy came up to me asking for a picture then like 7 other drunk guys all came in for the picture and it was super funny.  But anyways it was a very busy exciting week.





No comments:

Post a Comment