Monday, September 10, 2018

Week 10 - Boulogne

So this week was really good. Don't have much time to write, so I'll give you the highlights...

We have so much to do, it feels like sometimes. We have a really good investigator named Milagros who's going to be baptized soon, and we are working really hard with the ward to reactivate a couple of families. It feels like I've been here in this ward my whole life, its weird.

Here's a miracle that happened this week.... It was like 12 noon and we had a teaching appointment at like 12:30pm and lunch at 1:00pm, but our teaching appointment fell through and our lunch told us to come at 1:30pm. So we had an hour of unscheduled time, so we were just talking to people in the streets, and knocking doors, which is never very effective, right. But then we were walking and this one guy stops us in the street, and says, "Hey you guys are the mormon missionaries right?" and we are like "yeah". He told us that he had been praying for guidance, and that he was actually baptized in our church a long time ago, and if our appointments wouldn't have fallen through we wouldn't have met Esteban, which was really cool.

Some funny things that happened this week. Everything is going really well, nothing to complain about. My Spanish is getting pretty good. I taught pretty much all of the Gospel Principles lesson on Sunday by myself, which was awesome.

Well, this morning I was shopping and I needed to buy a comb which is "peine", but I went into the store and asked the girl if they had a "pene" and "pene" means... well, I guess you can look that up in a Spanish Dictionary for yourself. Elder Telis is never going to let me live that down.

For family:

Everything is going really well. I feel settled in now, and really enjoy everyday, although some parts I don't love, everything is good.


Elder Christensen & Elder Byers - both from the Spokane East Stake in Spokane Valley, WA, and friends from High School!


Elder Christensen in Chinatown, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Elder Christensen in Chinatown, Buenos Aires, Argentina


No comments:

Post a Comment