Monday, October 22, 2018

Week 16 - Boulogne


What's up? Everything has been going great, we had two baptisms this week and I baptized them both. The first, is a lady named Isabel, who is a friend of two members in the ward, and she is super nice and sweet and really receptive to the gospel the whole time and there was a bunch of people that came to her baptism too.

The second is another lady, named veronica, but she doesn't act like a lady haha. We contacted her in the street a while back and she gets really mad if we use "usted" with her instead of "vos" form... And she always calls us "che", which means dude, all the time and she's super funny and weird in a good way. Anyway, when I was baptizing her the water was a little cold and she put one foot in and then ran out, and I'm like "noooo" but then i finally convinced her to come back and everything was good. She brought 10 family members and friends to her baptism so that was awesome.

We have been working really hard to do a ton of visits with the members but the thing is that no one here in Argentina shows up on time, so we have just been telling them to show up an hour earlier than the appointment actually is, and that has been working well.

Friday we had interviews with President Smith and that like ate up all of our morning and afternoon because he was running two hours late. Oh yeah, and guess what, I was walking out of the church and a freaking dog bit me in the leg twice, like ever since I got to ArgentinaIi have grown to hate dogs because everyone single freaking person has a scary pitbull or something that will never shut up barking. But anyways this dog bit, me and ripped my pants, which I was real mad about, and who knows, maybe I'll get rabies now, oh well.

Sunday was Mother's Day here, and our Ward Mission Leader invited us over for a huge asado with all of his family and it was so good, there was so much food and I ate so much. An asado is basically where they just roast a ton of super good meat.

Anyways, another good week, and this will be my last week with Elder Telis because transfers are next week, so it will be interesting to see who is my comp next.

Elder Christensen

For Family:

Everything is going well, nothing to complain about, hope you guys are just ballin there.











No comments:

Post a Comment