Monday, May 27, 2019

Week 46 - Versalles 2

So on Tuesday we had our last District Meeting of the transfer and it went well. On Tuesday night we happened to pass by a kid who is about 15 years old who we had taught a while back that we had to stop teaching because we could never find him.  So we knocked on his door and he comes out and tells us he isn't working anymore so he could listen to us more often.  He them accepted a baptismal date for the 8th of June.  On Wednesday we did divisions with the zone leaders.  I stayed in my area with Elder Vasquez and we had a really good time.  He was my first district leader when I got to the mission.  We took that kid Omar to the house of a member named Ruben Sanchez who is in the young men's presidency.  Omar was pretty amazed because Ruben's house has a ton of trophies and jerseys because he used to play for Boca, the Argentine National Soccer team.  Elder Vasquez also sold me his guitar for $30 which I'm pretty sure he was ripping me off but oh well.  I have a guitar now so that's cool.  Thursday Elder Hernandez got sick so we were stuck in the pension all day.  Friday afternoon the missionaries from the Buenos Aires MTC came to do splits in our zone because our zone is the closest to the MTC.  So about 20 missionaries from the MTC came and we met up in the Stake Center and then paired up with our new companion for the day.  So I worked in my area in the afternoon with a MTC missionary and Elder Hernandez worked in our area also with a different MTC missionary.  My companion for the afternoon was Elder Segovia from Peru.  He's a really good guy and he's coming to the North mission .  I felt super bad because we had a lesson with a less active member who is pretty rough around the edges.  He always is just wanting to argue, sometimes I don't know why.  Anyway at the end of the conversation he started saying that Elder Segovia looked like a monkey.  I felt bad for him but oh well.  He has a good story to tell from the first day in the field.  Saturday also my companion was sick so we only were able to work for like an hour. Sunday was the ward conference and it was awesome.  Normally the attendance in our ward is about 50-60 and there was 150 people on Sunday including all the people from the stake because we worked a ton during the week to get a bunch of less actives to church.  I was pretty surprised but the stake president is 30 years old but he looks like he could be 24.  He gave a super good talk about the Prodigal Son and I was like dang this dude is gonna be a General Authority some day.  Sunday afternoon my comp was sick again I guess, so we couldn't go out.  I made about 1000 phone calls this week because we were stuck in the pension but overall a decent week. 

Tanner





No comments:

Post a Comment